About this book
Saturated Switching Systems treats the problem of actuator saturation, inherent in all dynamical systems by using two approaches:
positive invariance in which the controller is designed to work within a region of non-saturating linear behaviour; and
saturation technique which allows saturation but guarantees asymptotic stability.
The results obtained are extended from the linear systems in which they were first developed to switching systems with uncertainties, 2D switching systems, switching systems with Markovian jumping and switching systems of the Takagi-Sugeno type.
The text represents a thoroughly referenced distillation of results obtained in this field during the last decade. The selected tool for analysis and design of stabilizing controllers is based on multiple Lyapunov functions and linear matrix inequalities. All the results are illustrated with numerical examples and figures many of them being modelled using MATLAB®.
Saturated Switching Systems will be of interest to academic researchers in control systems and to professionals working in any of the many fields where systems are affected by saturation including: chemical and pharmaceutical batch processing, manufacturing (for example in steel rolling), air-traffic control, and the automotive and aerospace industries.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-2900-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4471-2899-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4471-2900-4
- Series Print ISSN 0170-8643
- Series Online ISSN 1610-7411
- Buy this book on publisher's site