Table of contents
About this book
Rough Set Theory was introduced in the early 1980's. In the last quarter century it has become an important part of soft computing and has proved its relevance in many real-world applications.
Initially most articles on Rough Sets were centered on theory, currently though the focus of the research has shifted to practical usage of mathematical advances. With this in mind this book is written for researchers at universities wanting to use Rough Sets to solve real-world problems and needing guidance on how best to describe their ideas in ways not only understandable to industry readers, but also for managers looking for methods to improve their businesses, and researchers in industrial laboratories and think-tanks investigating new methods to enhance the efficiency of their solutions.
Rough Sets: Selected Methods and Applications in Management and Engineering is unique in its focus on use cases backed by sound theory in contrast to the presentation of a theory applied to a problem. A diverse range of applications, including coverage of methods in data analysis, decision support as well as management and engineering, demonstrates the great potential of Rough Sets in almost any domain.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Rough Sets: Selected Methods and Applications in Management and Engineering
- Series Title Advanced Information and Knowledge Processing
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-2760-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2012
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4471-2759-8
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-6916-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-2760-4
- Series ISSN 1610-3947
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages X, 214
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Computer Appl. in Administrative Data Processing
- Buy this book on publisher's site