About this book
Over the past decades, although stochastic system control has been studied intensively within the field of control engineering, all the modelling and control strategies developed so far have concentrated on the performance of one or two output properties of the system, such as minimum-variance control or mean-value control. The general assumption used in the formulation of modelling and control strategies is that the distribution of the random signals involved is Gaussian. In this book, a set of new approaches for the control of the output probability density function of stochastic dynamic systems (those subjected to any bounded random inputs), has been developed. In this context, the purpose of control system design becomes the selection of a control signal that makes the shape of the system output's p.d.f. as close as possible to a given distribution. The book contains material on the subjects of:
• Control of single-input single-output and multiple-input multiple-output stochastic systems.
• Stable adaptive control of stochastic distributions.
• Model reference adaptive control.
• Control of nonlinear dynamic stochastic systems.
• Condition monitoring of bounded stochastic distributions.
• Control algorithm design.
• Singular stochastic systems.
A new representation of dynamic stochastic systems is produced by using B-spline functions to describe the output p.d.f.
- Book Title Bounded Dynamic Stochastic Systems
- Book Subtitle Modelling and Control
- Series Title Advances in Industrial Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Advances in Industrial Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-0481-0
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2000
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-85233-187-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-1151-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-0481-0
- Series ISSN 1430-9491
- Series E-ISSN 2193-1577
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 176
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Industrial Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
Control, Robotics, Mechatronics
Probability Theory and Stochastic Processes
- Buy this book on publisher's site