About this book
Hydraulic Servo-systems details the basic concepts of many recent developments of nonlinear identification and nonlinear control and their application to hydraulic servo-systems: developments such as feedback linearisation and fuzzy control. The principles, benefits and limitations associated with standard control design approaches such as linear state feedback control, feedforward control and compensation for static nonlinearities are also reviewed, because of their continued practical importance.
• theoretical (physically based) modelling of hydraulic servo-systems;
• experimental modelling (system identification);
• control strategies for hydraulic servo-systems;
• case studies and experimental results.
Appendices outline the most important fundamentals of (nonlinear) differential geometry and fuzzy control. The book is very application-oriented and provides the reader with detailed working procedures and hints for implementation routines and software tools.
Hydraulic Servo-systems will interest scientists and qualified engineers involved in the analysis and design of hydraulic control systems, especially in advanced hydraulic industries, the aeronautical and space, and automotive industries.
Advances in Industrial Control aims to report and encourage the transfer of technology in control engineering. The rapid development of control technology has an impact on all areas of the control discipline. The series offers an opportunity for researchers to present an extended exposition of new work in all aspects of industrial control.
- Book Title Hydraulic Servo-systems
- Book Subtitle Modelling, Identification and Control
- Series Title Advances in Industrial Control
- Series Abbreviated Title Advances in Industrial Control
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4471-0099-7
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag London Limited 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, London
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-85233-692-9
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4471-1123-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4471-0099-7
- Series ISSN 1430-9491
- Series E-ISSN 2193-1577
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXX, 355
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Control and Systems Theory
Mathematical Modeling and Industrial Mathematics
Industrial and Production Engineering
Industrial Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
Simulation and Modeling
- Buy this book on publisher's site
From the reviews:
Altogether the book gives a comprehensive survey of physical modelling, conventional and modern control stategies for hydraulic drives and can be recommended to engineers and scientists who are working in this field.
Simulation News Europe 38/39 (2003) 61 – 62 (Reviewer: Peter Beater)