About this book
Clinical Physiology of the Venous System is a comprehensive overview of vein physiology.
- Presents data in the fields of venous physiology, pharmacology and venous diseases as well as the field of phlebology, which has seen rapid and important progress in the last decade.
- Recent developments in venous disorders are covered with regard to pathophysiology; most modern diagnostic methods and therapies.
- Venous tone regulation data is presented with a focus on neural; hormonal; local and myogenic control of venous smooth muscle. Special attention was paid to endothelium-derived vasoactive factors involved in the regulation of venous tone.
- Take home messages at the beginning of each chapter for quick review.
- List of key abbreviations used in the book.
- Well illustrated with teaching tables.
- Useful for any physician, researcher or student interested in vein physiology.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-9282-6
- Copyright Information Kluwer Academic Publishers 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4613-4874-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-9282-6
- Series Print ISSN 1566-0753
- Buy this book on publisher's site