About this book
Diabetes is an autoimmune, inflammatory disease affecting many different organ systems and exhibiting both primary and secondary defects. Because diabetes affects a wide range of cellular systems, a multidisciplinary effort has been mounted over the past several decades using a wide range of investigative techniques and methodologies in order to identify molecular mechanisms responsible for cellular dysfunction. Because primary defects at various levels of sub-cellular signaling, intracellular calcium handling, protein expression and energy regulation are often a primary consequence of diabetes.
This volume is a compilation of new multidisciplinary research that will broaden our current understanding of diabetes and cardiovascular disease as well as provide the basis for the development of novel therapeutic interventions.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-9236-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media New York 2003
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-4613-4852-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-9236-9
- Buy this book on publisher's site