Table of contents
About this book
Privacy and security risks arising from the application of different data mining techniques to large institutional data repositories have been solely investigated by a new research domain, the so-called privacy preserving data mining. Association rule hiding is a new technique on data mining, which studies the problem of hiding sensitive association rules from within the data.
Association Rule Hiding for Data Mining addresses the optimization problem of “hiding” sensitive association rules which due to its combinatorial nature admits a number of heuristic solutions that will be proposed and presented in this book. Exact solutions of increased time complexity that have been proposed recently are also presented as well as a number of computationally efficient (parallel) approaches that alleviate time complexity problems, along with a discussion regarding unsolved problems and future directions. Specific examples are provided throughout this book to help the reader study, assimilate and appreciate the important aspects of this challenging problem.
Association Rule Hiding for Data Mining is designed for researchers, professors and advanced-level students in computer science studying privacy preserving data mining, association rule mining, and data mining. This book is also suitable for practitioners working in this industry.
- Book Title Association Rule Hiding for Data Mining
- Series Title Advances in Database Systems
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-6569-1
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Computer Science Computer Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4419-6568-4
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4614-2605-9
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4419-6569-1
- Series ISSN 1386-2944
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XX, 138
- Number of Illustrations 60 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet)
Data Structures and Information Theory
Algorithm Analysis and Problem Complexity
Performance and Reliability
- Buy this book on publisher's site