About this book
Modeling Complex Systems, 2nd Edition, explores the process of modeling complex systems, providing examples from such diverse fields as ecology, epidemiology, sociology, seismology, and economics. It illustrates how models of complex systems are built and provides indispensable mathematical tools for studying their dynamics.
This vital introductory text is useful for advanced undergraduate students in various scientific disciplines, and serves as an important reference book for graduate students and young researchers.
This enhanced second edition includes: .
-recent research results and bibliographic references
-extra footnotes which provide biographical information on cited scientists who have made significant contributions to the field
-new and improved worked-out examples to aid a student’s comprehension of the content
-exercises to challenge the reader and complement the material
Nino Boccara is also the author of Essentials of Mathematica: With Applications to Mathematics and Physics (Springer, 2007).
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-6562-2
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy Physics and Astronomy (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-6561-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-6562-2
- Series Print ISSN 1868-4513
- Series Online ISSN 1868-4521
- Buy this book on publisher's site