Table of contents
About this book
Cognitive radio (CR) is one of today’s up-and-coming technologies. It facilitates communication because it creates greater efficiencies in mobile networks. CR allows unlicensed (secondary) users to exploit, in an opportunistic or ad hoc manner, the radio communications spectrum allocated to licensed (primary) users. CR is a promising potential solution to the problems caused by inflexibility in spectrum allocation policy, with attendant spectrum shortage.
The articles in this book come from leading experts in this field. They cover a range of aspects of modeling, analysis, design, management, deployment, and optimization of algorithms, protocols, and architectures of CR-MANETs.
Topics covered include
- distributed co-operative spectrum sensing
- spectrum hand-off
- medium access control
- topology control
- multimedia transmission
- cognitive vehicular networks
- cognitive health care networks
- game theoretic approach
The chapters cover major advances in research on cognitive radio mobile ad hoc networks for next-generation wireless communications systems. The book will be a vital resource for researchers and practitioners in this area, who will find the comprehensive referencing very useful.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-6172-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media LLC 2011
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-6171-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-6172-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site