Table of contents
About this book
Since its emergence during the 1960s, school consultation has become an important vehicle for delivering psychological and educational services. Cooperative efforts between skilled consultants and teachers, rooted in the principles of problem solving, social influence, and professional development, enhance student learning and adjustment while encouraging consultees to be more effective and proactive in their practice.
The Third Edition of School Consultation: Conceptual and Empirical Bases of Practice shows in expert detail how this relationship works by synthesizing mental health and behavioral models of consultation with the most effective evidence-based practices (e.g., implementation support, response to intervention) informing the field today. The authors provide real-world contexts for all participants in the equation—consultants, teachers, students, staff, and the school itself—and thoroughly review consultation processes and outcomes for a contemporary practice-oriented approach suited to the new consultant, trainee, or researcher.
Key features of the Third Edition include:
- An integrated mental health/behavioral model for school consultation.
- An organizational study of the school as a setting for consultation.
- Assessment issues and strategies particularly relevant to school consultation.
- Approaches to providing teachers with implementation support.
- Conceptual models for selecting academic and behavioral interventions.
- Administrative perspectives on school consultation.
- A real, transcribed case study analyzed by the authors.
In the tradition of its predecessors, School Consultation, Third Edition, is a confidence-building tool for practitioners in school psychology, clinical child psychology, educational specialties, school counseling, special education, and school social work as well as a trusted reference for researchers in these fields.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-5747-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Behavioral Science Behavioral Science and Psychology (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-5746-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-5747-4
- Series Print ISSN 1574-0471
- Buy this book on publisher's site