About this book
Optical burst switching (OBS) is envisioned to be one of the promising technologies to support bandwidth-intensive applications in the future Internet. An Analytical Approach to Optical Burst Switched Networks discusses architectures such as SOBS, SynOBS, HiTSOBS and applications of OBS networks in grid computing in metropolitan and access networks.
The chapters in the book cover topics including models for the burst traffic considering the self-similar input traffic, models for the blocking probability with limited degrees of wavelength conversion, models for the performance of a network with deflection routing and segmentation capability and stochastic models for the performance of the TCP over OBS networks. The book’s art material on modeling and analysis of OBS networks also helps the reader to gain a broader understanding of these networks.
An Analytical Approach to Optical Burst Switched Networks provides extensive and up-to-date coverage on various aspects of OBS. The material is useful for researchers working in the area of high speed networks.
- Book Title An Analytical Approach to Optical Burst Switched Networks
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-1510-8
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering Engineering (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4419-1509-2
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4899-8396-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4419-1510-8
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 262
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Communications Engineering, Networks
Computer Communication Networks
Microwaves, RF and Optical Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site