About this book
In this book, Vitali Sintchenko brings together a collection of state-of-the-art reviews of informatics applications aiming to improve the diagnosis, prevention, treatment and control of infectious diseases. In response to the need for computational biology techniques geared towards clinical medicine, this volume covers the emerging domains of translational bioinformatics, genomics enabled decision support, intelligent design of vaccines and antimicrobial drugs as well as new types of biosurveillance. This book is written by a diverse, international group of experts in the field and provides clinicians, pathologists, biomedical researchers and informaticians with an essential resource that offers also a fascinating glimpse into the future of this dynamic field.
Vitali Sintchenko (MBBS, PhD, FRCPA, FACHI) is a clinical microbiologist and informatician with the Sydney Medical School, The University of Sydney, Australia.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-1327-2
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag New York 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-1326-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-1327-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site