About this book
The articles collected in this volume present all aspects of solar magnetism: from its origin in the solar dynamo to its evolution and dynamics that create the variability of solar phenomena, its well-known 11-year activity cycle that leads to the ever-changing pattern of sunspots and active regions on the Sun.
Several contributions deal with the solar dynamo, the driver of many solar phenomena. Other contributions treat the transport and emergence of the magnetic flux through the outer layers of the Sun. The coupling of magnetic fields from the surface to the solar corona and beyond is also described, together with current studies on the predictability of solar activity.
This book is aimed at researchers and graduate students working in solar physics and space science. It provides a full review of our current understanding of solar magnetism by the foremost experts in the field.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-0239-9
- Copyright Information Springer New York 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, New York, NY
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-0238-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-0239-9
- Series Print ISSN 1385-7525
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- Oil, Gas & Geosciences