Table of contents
About this book
Epidemiology and the Delivery of Health Care Services
Methods and Applications, Third Edition
Denise M. Oleske, Davenport University, Grand Rapids, Michigan
Rising costs, aging and growing populations, and increasing competition for funds and resources are shifting the focus of health care delivery and management from the individual patient to the patient population. This change calls for more effective targeting of patients, more efficient assessment of needs and delivery of services, and better use of information technologies to improve population health.
The new Third Edition of Epidemiology and the Delivery of Health Care Services is one of the most complete and authoritative works on the subject, brimming with case studies, graphics, action lists, and learning outcomes for ease of understanding. The book’s in-depth epidemiologic framework begins with the basics (defining problems, collecting reliable data, assessing risks), moves on to offer innovative and seasoned techniques for research and service delivery, and covers a wealth of salient issues, including:
- The impact of epidemiology on public health policy.
- Epidemiology as an essential element of infection prevention and control.
- Data sources with implications for population-based health services planning and evaluation.
- Epidemiology as a driver of quality health care.
- Screening and surveillance in health promotion.
- Epidemiology as a means of fostering patient safety.
- Health service strategies for reducing epidemiologically identified environmental health risks.
Epidemiology and the Delivery of Health Care Services, Third Edition, is ideally suited to graduate students in health administration, public health, health information management, nursing, and allied fields. It also makes an excellent text for graduate courses in epidemiology, health care policy and health services research.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-0164-4
- Copyright Information Springer-Verlag US 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Medicine
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-0163-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-0164-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site