About this book
This is a comprehensive and cohesive presentation of analog and digital signal processing and filtering for electrical engineers. The author covers the principle concepts of analog and digital signals, generalized Fourier series approximations with sinusoidal and non-sinusoidal functions, and analog convolutions and correlations. Signals and linear system interactions, system stability and bandwidths are also discussed. Analysis and design of analog low-pass, high-pass, band-pass, band elimination filters, and delay line filters are discussed using operational amplifiers. Problems associated with nonlinear systems are included.
Key features include:
- Discrete-time Fourier transforms
- SINC functions to illustrate the generalized Fourier series concepts
- One consistent notation scheme used throughout the book
The author addresses the main concepts of digital signals, convolution, correlation and deconvolution. Digital filter designs using finite and infinite based impulse responses are presented along with their filter structures. Also included is coverage of basic analog communications including AM, FM and multiplexing as well as simple digital modulations. Example problems are presented in detail throughout the book and over 400 end of chapter problems are provided for further study.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4419-0034-0
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Boston, MA
- eBook Packages Engineering
- Print ISBN 978-1-4419-0033-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4419-0034-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site