About this book
In the modern world, users expect more and more from their applications and devices, and multi-core hardware has the potential to provide it. But it takes carefully crafted code to turn that potential into responsive, scalable applications.
With Pro Asynchronous Programming with .NET you will:
- Meet the underlying model for asynchrony on Windows—threads.
- Learn how to perform long blocking operations away from your UI thread to keep your UI responsive, then weave the results back in as seamlessly as possible.
- Master the async/await model of asynchrony in .NET, which makes asynchronous programming simpler and more achievable than ever before.
- Solve common problems in parallel programming with modern async techniques.
- Get under the hood of your asynchronous code with debugging techniques and insights from Visual Studio and beyond.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-5921-3
- Copyright Information Apress 2013
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-5920-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-5921-3
- About this book