About this book
Advanced PHP for Flash is the follow-up to the hugely popular Foundation PHP for Flash.
The main aim of this book is to extend the reader's knowledge of using PHP and MySQL to produce dynamic content for Flash. Essentially, it picks up the baton from the first book and runs with it until there's no more road.
The book takes the reader from being an intermediate to an advanced PHP/Flash developer, and helps them create some awesome Flash-based web applications along the way. It covers the core PHP features, as well as some exciting extras, that follow on directly from the knowledge gained in the first chapter, and show the reader how to use them in real-world applications.
This book covers:
- File Uploading
- Advanced MySQL
- Socket Functions
- PHP and XML
- Plus fully functional case studies
This book is aimed squarely at those readers who want to create dynamic Flash-based web applications, and especially at those who have finished the first book and are hungry for more.
As this book is pitched at those with an intermediate knowledge of PHP (and a decent grasp of MySQL) it has the advantage of being useful to both programmers and those coming over from the first book.
- Book Title Advanced PHP for Flash
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-5205-4
- Copyright Information Apress 2002
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-59059-187-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4302-5205-4
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XII, 450
- Number of Illustrations 484 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site