About this book
Based on the author's extensive experience consulting to and observing some of the best-known organizations in the world, The Soul of the Organization (www.souloftheorganization.com) journeys into eleven high-performing organizations operating in both the for-profit and not-for-profit worlds to determine the underlying elements of soul that foster strong employee engagement at all levels. What Zenoff finds in his inquiry is that organizations as different as home goods retailer Williams-Sonoma and not-for-profit group Larkin Street Youth Services all share in common five key elements of soul that, taken together, are powerful forces for fostering employee engagement, satisfaction, and meaning. And he doesn't stop once he has identified the five core elements of an organization's soul. Instead, he goes on to offer both a conceptual framework and a practical primer on how to leverage these key ingredients to create, sustain, and nourish a soul in your organization.
Organizations of all stripes and in all industries and domains have great difficulty motivating their workforces to demonstrate a strong commitment to giving their all in the workplace. As a result, these organizations' overall productivity and growth are compromised, and their employees cannot find meaning or satisfaction in their work. If your organization struggles with sub-par employee loyalty, commitment, and drive, you will find the guidance you need in The Soul of the Organization, a guide to infusing into your workplace that "special something" that engages employees, drives their productivity, and taps into their collective well of potential so that your organization can make its mark on the world.
- Book Title The Soul of the Organization
- Book Subtitle How to Ignite Employee Engagement and Productivity
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4966-5
- Copyright Information Apress 2013
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4302-4965-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4302-4966-5
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XIV, 152
- Number of Illustrations 1 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Business and Management, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site