About this book
Void of theoretical treatments and preoccupation with language syntax, SAP ABAP is a comprehensive, practical one stop solution,which demonstrates and conveys the language’s commands and features through hands on examples. The accompanying e-resource is a take off point to the book.
SAP ABAP works in tandem with the accompanying e-resource to create an interactive learning environment where the book provides a brief description and an overview of a specified feature/command, showing and discussing the corresponding code. At the reader's option, the user can utilize the accompanying e-resource, where a step-by-step guide to creating and running the feature’s object is available.
The presentation of the features is scenario oriented, i.e. most of the features are demonstrated in terms of small business scenarios. The e-resource contains the scenario descriptions, screen shots, detailed screen cams and ABAP program source to enable the reader to create all objects related to the scenario and run/execute them.
The underlying concepts of a feature/command are conveyed through execution of these hands-on programs. Further exercises to be performed independently by the reader are also proposed. The demonstration/illustration objects including the programs rely on some of the SAP application tables being populated, for example an IDES system which is now a de facto system for all SAP training related activities.
- Book Title SAP ABAP
- Book Subtitle Hands-On Test Projects with Business Scenarios
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4804-0
- Copyright Information Apress 2014
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4302-4803-3
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4302-4804-0
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVIII, 892
- Number of Illustrations 2520 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site