Table of contents
About this book
A Programmer’s Guide to C# 5.0 is a book for software developers who want to truly understand C#. Whether you’ve worked with C# before or with another general-purpose programming language, each fast-paced, focused chapter will take you straight to the heart of a feature of C# and show you why it works the way it does.
Written by one-time C# Test Lead, Program Manager, and member of the original C# language design team, this book is an ideal companion to the C# Language Specification, and works both as a tutorial and as a reference guide. Now in its fourth edition, you will find up-to-date coverage of all the latest C# features, including Linq, covariance and contravariance, and async support.
You’ll learn how to:
- Use C# features effectively, in the way they were intended
- Apply the newest C# features to your coding problems
- Streamline your database code using LINQ
- Use async support and the task parallel library to improve performance.
- Program more efficiently, effectively, and with real insight into this mature and exciting language, with A Programmer’s Guide to C# 5.0.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4594-0
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-4593-3
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-4594-0
- About this book