About this book
Lopp's straight-from-the-hip style is unlike any other writer on management. He pulls no punches and tells stories he probably shouldn't. But they are massively instructive and cut to the heart of the matter whether it's dealing with your boss, handling a slacker, hiring top guns, or seeing a knotty project through to completion.
This second editions expands on the management essentials. It will explain why we hate meetings, but must have them, it carefully documents the right way to have a 1-on-1, and it documents the perils of not listening to your team.
Writing code is easy. Managing humans is not. You need a book to help you do it, and this is it.
- Book Title Managing Humans
- Book Subtitle Biting and Humorous Tales of a Software Engineering Manager
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4315-1
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Business and Economics Business and Management (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4302-4314-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4302-4315-1
- Edition Number 2
- Number of Pages IX, 292
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Business and Management, general
- Buy this book on publisher's site