Table of contents
About this book
Lopp's straight-from-the-hip style is unlike any other writer on management. He pulls no punches and tells stories he probably shouldn't. But they are massively instructive and cut to the heart of the matter whether it's dealing with your boss, handling a slacker, hiring top guns, or seeing a knotty project through to completion.
This second editions expands on the management essentials. It will explain why we hate meetings, but must have them, it carefully documents the right way to have a 1-on-1, and it documents the perils of not listening to your team.
Writing code is easy. Managing humans is not. You need a book to help you do it, and this is it.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4315-1
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Business and Economics
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-4314-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-4315-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site