About this book
Queries not running fast enough? Tired of the phone calls from frustrated users? Grant Fritchey’s book SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning is the answer to your SQL Server query performance problems. The book is revised to cover the very latest in performance optimization features and techniques. It is current with SQL Server 2012. It provides the tools you need to approach your queries with performance in mind.
SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning leads you through understanding the causes of poor performance, how to identify them, and how to fix them. You’ll learn to be proactive in establishing performance baselines using tools like Performance Monitor and Extended Events. You’ll learn to recognize bottlenecks and defuse them before the phone rings. You’ll learn some quick solutions too, but emphasis is on designing for performance and getting it right, and upon heading off trouble before it occurs. Delight your users. Silence that ringing phone. Put the principles and lessons from SQL Server 2012 Query Performance Tuning into practice today.
- Establish performance baselines and monitor against them
- Troubleshoot and eliminate bottlenecks that frustrate users
- Plan ahead to achieve the right level of performance
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4204-8
- Copyright Information Grant Fritchey and Sajal Dam 2012
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-4203-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-4204-8
- About this book