Table of contents
Basics & Concepts: Basics of the NetBeans Platform
Look & Feel: Developing User Interfaces
Ready & Go: Using the NetBeans Platform Standard Modules
Use & Extend: Advanced APIs of the NetBeans Platform & ID
Server & Database: Enterprise Applications and the NetBeans Platform
Pack & Ship: Adapting, Delivering, and Actualizing Applications
Test & Tooling: Developing and Testing NetBeans Platform Applications
About this book
The Definitive Guide to NetBeans™ Platform 7 is a thorough and authoritative introduction to the open-source NetBeans Platform, covering all its major APIs in detail, with relevant code examples used throughout.
- Provides a completely updated definitive guide to the NetBeans Platform, using the latest APIs, coding patterns, and methodologies.
- Focuses strongly on business features in an application, since Oracle's customers are particularly interested in business-related aspects. For example, how to use OSGi, how to add authentication/security, how to monetize from a modular application.
The original German book on which this title is based was well received. The NetBeans Platform Community has put together this English translation, which covers the latest NetBeans Platform 7 APIs. With an introduction by known NetBeans Platform experts Jaroslav Tulach and Tim Boudreau, this is the most up-to-date book on this topic at the moment.
All NetBeans Platform developers will gain something from this book, because several topics in the book have not been documented anywhere else.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-4102-7
- Copyright Information Apress 2011
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-4101-0
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-4102-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site