About this book
This book covers the valuable knowledge and transferable skills that will enable you use one of the three leading systems as well as easily switch to new systems that will arise in the workplace. Topics covered include:
- How to choose the correct software for your needs.
- Creating and working with repositories.
- Understanding trunks, branches, hooks, conflicts and merging.
- Setting up respository servers and integrating with Apache.
- Using Terminal, and understanding alternatives.
Foundation Version Control for Web Developers is a concise beginner’s course for designer and developer alike. Even if you have no prior knowledge of version control, this book will provide you with the knowledge to fully manage projects from start to finish, ensuring your projects are as seamless and successful as you need them to be.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-3973-4
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-3972-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-3973-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site