About this book
Also new in the book is coverage of the no-cost Express Edition. Whether you have no knowledge of databases, or have knowledge of desktop databases such as Microsoft Access, or even come from another brand such as Oracle Database, Beginning SQL Server 2012 for Developers provides the insights to get up and running with SQL Server 2012.
Within the book, there are plenty of examples of tasks that developers routinely perform. You’ll learn to create tables and indexes, and best practices for securing your valuable data. You’ll learn design tradeoffs and find out how to make sound decisions resulting in scalable databases and maintainable code.
Beginning SQL Server 2012 for Developers takes you through the entire database development process, from installing the software to creating a database to writing the code to connect to that database and move data in and out. By the end of the book, you’ll be able to design and create solid and reliable database solutions using SQL Server 2012.
- Takes you through the entire database application development lifecycle
- Includes brand new coverage of SQL Server 2012 features
- Introduces the freely-available Express Edition
- Book Title Beginning SQL Server 2012 for Developers
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-3751-8
- Copyright Information Apress 2012
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4302-3750-1
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4302-3751-8
- Edition Number 3
- Number of Pages XX, 720
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Data Structures and Information Theory
- Buy this book on publisher's site