About this book
Performance problems are rarely "problems" per se. They are more often "crises" during which you’re pressured for results by a manager standing outside your cubicle while your phone rings with queries from the help desk. You won’t have the time for a leisurely perusal of the manuals, nor to lean back and read a book on theory. What you need in that situation is a book of solutions, and solutions are precisely what Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Recipes delivers.
Oracle Database 11g Performance Tuning Recipes is a ready reference for database administrators in need of immediate help with performance issues relating to Oracle Database. The book takes an example-based approach, wherein each chapter covers a specific problem domain. Within each chapter are "recipes," showing by example how to perform common tasks in that chapter’s domain. Solutions in the recipes are backed by clear explanations of background and theory from the author team. Whatever the task, if it’s performance-related, you’ll probably find a recipe and a solution in this book.
- Provides proven solutions to real-life Oracle performance problems
- Offers relevant background and theory to support each solution
- Written by a team of experienced database administrators successful in their careers
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-3663-4
- Copyright Information Apress 2011
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-3662-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-3663-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site