About this book
Outside of the world of enterprise computing, there is one database that enables a huge range of software and hardware to flex relational database capabilities, without the baggage and cost of traditional database management systems. That database is SQLite—an embeddable database with an amazingly small footprint, yet able to handle databases of enormous size. SQLite comes equipped with an array of powerful features available through a host of programming and development environments. It is supported by languages such as C, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, TCL, and more.
The Definitive Guide to SQLite, Second Edition is devoted to complete coverage of the latest version of this powerful database. It offers a thorough overview of SQLite’s capabilities and APIs. The book also uses SQLite as the basis for helping newcomers make their first foray into database development. In only a short time you can be writing programs as diverse as a server-side browser plug-in or the next great iPhone or Android application!
- Learn about SQLite extensions for C, Java, Perl, PHP, Python, Ruby, and Tcl.
- Get solid coverage of SQLite internals.
- Explore developing iOS (iPhone) and Android applications with SQLite.
SQLite is the solution chosen for thousands of products around the world, from mobile phones and GPS devices to set-top boxes and web browsers. You almost certainly use SQLite every day without even realizing it!
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-3226-1
- Copyright Information Apress 2010
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-3225-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-3226-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site