About this book
The growing popularity of Web 2.0 applications is increasing user expectations for high-quality web site design, presentation, and functionality. It is into this climate that Microsoft is releasing Silverlight 4, the third and latest iteration of its cross-browser web presentation technology. Beginning Sliverlight 4 in C# brings you to the cutting-edge of Web 2.0 application design and includes plenty of practical guidance to get you started straightaway.
- Microsoft Expression Design, which plays an important part in creating Silverlight assets.
- Microsoft Expression Blend, which is used to build user interaction for Silverlight elements.
- Microsoft Visual Studio, which manages the interaction between designers and developers, providing the coding environment for “nuts and bolts” wiring.
Once you’ve mastered the basics, you'll move on to gaining a more in-depth knowledge of some of the new features introduced with Silverlight 4, including H.264 protected content, right-click event handling, a new printing API, and support for the Managed Extensibility Framework.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-2989-6
- Copyright Information Apress 2010
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-2988-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-2989-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site