About this book
Based on the bestselling first edition, Beginning Ruby: From Novice to Professional, Second Edition is the leading guide for every type of reader who wants to learn Ruby from the ground up.
The new edition of this book provides the same excellent introduction to Ruby as the first edition plus updates for the newest version of Ruby, including the addition of the Sinatra and Ramaze web application frameworks and a chapter on GUI development so developers can take advantage of these new trends.
Beginning Ruby starts by explaining the principles behind object-oriented programming and within a few chapters builds toward creating a full Ruby application. By the end of the book, in addition to in-depth knowledge of Ruby, you'll also have basic understanding of many ancillary technologies such as SQL, XML, web frameworks, and networking.
- Introduces readers to the Ruby programming language
- Takes readers from basic programming skills to web development with topics like Ruby-based frameworks and GUI programming
- Covers many ancillary technologies in order to provide a broader picture (e.g., databases, XML, network daemons)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-2364-1
- Copyright Information Peter Cooper 2009
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-2363-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-2364-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site