About this book
Joomla! is one of the most searched–for and hired–for open source content management systems in the world. Since 2007, the combination of Joomla! and Dan Rahmel's bestselling Beginning Joomla!, From Novice to Professional have made it so that all you have to do is read a single book to learn how to build sites that take community–authored content and turn it instantly into published web pages with features like rich templating, content management, forums, photo management, and article commenting.
Now revised and updated for Joomla! 1.5, this second edition “job–in–a–book” provides the solid core of know–how that you'll need to get the most out of your Joomla! deployment, written to fully exploit the features of latest version of Joomla! More than just a simple “build a toy web site” guide, Beginning Joomla!, Second Edition will give you a wealth of life–saving tips, tricks, tools, and fixes that experienced Joomla! developers use to build powerful, popular web sites while avoiding major headaches. This book covers
- How to use add and create extensions
- Access management and how documents, photos, and other content are managed in Joomla! 1.5
- E–commerce integration and search engine optimization
Dan Rahmel explores the updates to Joomla! 1.5 that you'll need if you already use Joomla! and explains, using the latest terms, how to build a web site from scratch if you don't already use Joomla! An update to the best–selling Joomla! title on the market, this is the Joomla! book to get.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-1643-8
- Copyright Information Apress 2009
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-4302-1642-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-1643-8
- Buy this book on publisher's site