About this book
In this book, Michael Kofler provides definitive coverage of Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) for Excel by showing how it can be used to implement real-world business solutions. Designed to be useful to programmers who have never used VBA before, it also covers advanced topics needed for users already familiar with VBA.
First, Kofler introduces VBA and gives examples of the kinds of tasks that it can perform. He then introduces the Excel object model, focusing on the unique characteristics of programming and debugging code that are associated with spreadsheets. The next few chapters cover menus, toolbars, forms, and templatesthe tools for creating customized user interfaces and full-featured applications. Kofler then moves on to a broad range of advanced topics, including automating graphs and diagrams, accessing external databases from Excel, and analyzing data using grouping and pivot tables. He even covers Excel-related features of Office Developer, such as the development of COM Add-Ins.
Throughout the book, the author never loses sight of the real-world problems faced by Excel programmers. The book also explores ways to avoid undocumented problems that may arise when programming Excel VBA practical knowldege that was gained through years of hard experience.
- Book Title Definitive Guide to Excel VBA
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0861-7
- Copyright Information Apress 2000
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-893115-79-8
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4302-0861-7
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVIII, 867
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
- Additional Information Original German edition published by Addison Wesley in Pearson Education Deutschland
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site