About this book
To understand Jini, imagine that you could move to a new office across the world, or check into any hoteland could simply plug your notebook or Palm directly into the local network. Your device would immediately be recognized, and you would have access to the services at that location—transparently.
Jini is Sun's Java-based technology, with potential to make transparant, "universal plug and play" a reality. This book is an expanded, updated version of the most popular online tutorial for Jini. Author Jan Newmarch includes comprehensive Jini advancements announced at Java One in June 2000. And he includes other important topics, like how Enterprise Java Beans blend in with the Jini framework and how CORBA fits in as well.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0860-0
- Copyright Information Apress 2000
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-893115-80-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-0860-0
- Buy this book on publisher's site