Table of contents
About this book
Peer-to-peer (P2P) proponents claim that their technology holds the keys to building virtual supercomputers, sharing vast pools of knowledge, and creating self-sufficient communities on the Internet. Peer-to-Peer with VB .NET explores how these design ideas can be integrated into existing .NET applications.
This book is an honest assessment of P2P and .NET. It doesn't just explain how to create P2P applications—it examines the tradeoffs that professional developers will encounter with .NET and P2P. It also considers several different approaches (Remoting, .NET networking, etc.) rather than adopting one fixed technology, and includes detailed examples of several popular P2P application types (messenger, file sharer, and distributed task manager).
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0817-4
- Copyright Information Apress 2003
- Publisher Name Apress, Berkeley, CA
- eBook Packages Springer Book Archive
- Print ISBN 978-1-59059-105-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-0817-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site