Table of contents
About this book
Flex is a very powerful and versatile technology for creating web application front-ends. But what every good web application needs is a robust data source, be it XML, or a database. Flex is very adaptable in terms of connecting to data sources, and that is the main focus of this book.
In Foundation Flex for Developers, author Sas Jacobs assumes that you've got the basics of Flex down already, and explores in detail how to create professional data-centric Flex 2 and Flex 3 applications. In the first half of the book, she starts off with a brief exploration of Flex and ActionScript 3.0, before looking at application essentials in detail—creating custom components, user and web browser interactions, binding, formatting, and validating data, debugging, and more.
In the second half of the book, the focus is on connecting Flex to data sources, and covers XML, LiveCycle Data Services, PHP, ASP.NET, and ColdFusion in detail, via a series of step-by-step case studies.
- Covers Flex application basics
- Covers connecting Flex 2 and Flex 3 to a variety of Data Sources
- Includes several complete case studies
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0444-2
- Copyright Information Apress 2008
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-59059-894-8
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-0444-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site