About this book
Get started with PL/SQL, the built-in language that every Oracle developer and database administrator must know, in Beginning PL/SQL, a fast-paced and example-filled tutorial. Learn from author Don Bales extensive experience to discover the most commonly used aspects of PL/SQL, without wasting time with obscure and obsolete features.
Bales takes his 20+ years of experience and a wealth of statistics he's gathered on PL/SQL usage over those years and applies the 80/20 rule: cover what's most needed and used by PL/SQL professionals and avoid what's not necessary! The result is a book that covers all the key features of PL/SQL without wasting your time discussing esoteric and obsolete parts of the language. Learn what really matters, so that you can get to work feeling confident with what you know about PL/SQL.
- Discover the 20% of PL/SQL that gives you 80% of the bang! Key topics covered include variables and datatypes, executing statements, working with cursors, real-world objects, debugging, testing, and more.
- Learn how to write production-level, object-oriented PL/SQL. You'll explore relational PL/SQL, but unlike most other books on the subject, this one emphasizes the use of PL/SQLs object-oriented features as well.
- Work through real examples of using of PL/SQL. You'll learn PL/SQL by applying it to real-world business problems, not by heavy theory.
- Book Title Beginning PL/SQL
- Book Subtitle From Novice to Professional
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0420-6
- Copyright Information Apress 2007
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing Professional and Applied Computing (R0)
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-59059-882-5
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4302-0420-6
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XXVI, 476
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Software Engineering/Programming and Operating Systems
- Buy this book on publisher's site