Table of contents
About this book
Beginning Fedora: From Novice to Professional guides you through the tasks most new Linux users desire to perform, while explaining potentially confusing concepts along the way. It will steer you through system customization opportunities and common tasks like listening to audio CDs and MP3s, watching movies, and performing office- and Internet-related jobs. A large part of the book is dedicated to advanced command-line techniques necessary to maintain your system and become a true Linux master!
Highlights of this title include the following:
- Provides an illustrated, step-by-step guide to Fedora installation and hardware configuration
- Includes a DVD consisting of the latest Fedora operating system. Just place the disk into your drive and begin!
- Eases the transition from the Windows to the Linux desktop by focusing on key everyday tasks such as file management, peripheral configuration, MP3/video playback, and office tasks
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0297-4
- Copyright Information Apress 2007
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-59059-855-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-0297-4
- Buy this book on publisher's site