About this book
Mobile Media API is a low-footprint and versatile API that enables you to create multimedia applications in Java-enabled phones. With this API, it is possible to add and control audio-, video-, and image-based media to MIDlets from different sources.
Pro Java ME MMAPI explores this API in great detail. This book explains the APIs architecture and covers how this architecture sits with the Mobile Independent Device Profile (MIDP). The book also shows you how to best use the multimedia capabilities of a Java-enabled phone.
This book includes detailed examples that cover the necessary basics, like audio playback and tone generation, to advanced issues, like synchronized media playback, video capture, and live radio stream. The book incorporates a mobile phone to model these examples, in addition to the Java Wireless Toolkit emulators.
- This is the first all-in-one reference for creating multimedia applications in Java-enabled phones using the MMAPI.
- Covers MMAPI thoroughly.
- Features real-world examples based on an actual phone—including a video blogging case study.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0157-1
- Copyright Information Apress 2006
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-59059-639-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-0157-1
- Buy this book on publisher's site