About this book
This second edition includes most of the material from the first edition, plus new discussions about the ultra-fast mobile telephone standard High Speed Downlink Packet Access (HSDPA) and the Ultra Wideband (UWB) technology. Other topics include mobile voice and entertainment, new backup systems, and changes to DSL technologies.
The book addresses the planning, construction, and day-to-day operation of a standards-based broadband wireless network. It examines the advantages of broadband wireless and how it constitutes an ideal solution. It also explains the unique difficulties, challenges, and limitations of broadband wireless.
This book illustrates how to plan and run networks, and indicates which specialized services should be secured. You’ll learn how to plan a successful, profitable broadband wireless network in a short amount of time.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0093-2
- Copyright Information Apress 2006
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-59059-574-9
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-0093-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site