About this book
Beginning MapServer: Open Source GIS Development is the first book of its kind. It offers a comprehensive introduction to MapServer, the development platform for integrating mapping technology into Internet applications. You'll learn how to build and extend dynamic applications using popular languages like PHP, Perl, and Python.
After a thorough introduction to installation and configuration, you'll uncover basic MapServer topics and examples. You'll also learn about advanced MapServer features, and how to query and incorporate dynamic data into your application. The book culminates with the creation of an actual mapping application.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4302-0053-6
- Copyright Information Apress 2005
- Publisher Name Apress
- eBook Packages Professional and Applied Computing
- Print ISBN 978-1-59059-490-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4302-0053-6
- Buy this book on publisher's site