About this book
This book has been designed to serve as a text book for post graduate-students and research workers in earth sciences who require a background of and a feel for statistics and the theory of regionalised variables. The book is titled 'Geostatistics with Applications in Earth Sciences". This new edition has been completely revised to reflect the notable concept - and technique-wise in geostatistics. Chapter 1 has been expanded and incorporates more detials on sampling and sampling designs. Chapters 2 and 5 have been extensively revised and a new chapter "Introduction to Advanced Geostatistics" has been added. Also new are the "Review Questions" at the end of each chapter.
This book will be of interest to post-graduate students and researchers in Earth sciences.
- Written from the perpective of the mining industry
- Includes codes for six computer programs
- Worked examples and review questions are added at the end of each chapter
From the reviews of the previous edition:
... It would be particularly useful as a quick reference text and, along with others of its ilk, as a resource for individuals who might want to ramp up quickly in the field of geostatistics.
(T.C. Coburn, Mathematical Geology, vol. 36, no. 8, 2004)
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-9380-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-9379-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-9380-7
- Buy this book on publisher's site