About this book
L.A. Galin's book on contact problems is a remarkable work. Actually there are two books: the first, published in 1953 deals with contact problems in the classical theory of elasticity; this is the one that was translated into English in 1961. The second book, published in 1980, included the first, and then had new sections on contact problems for viscoelastic materials, and rough contact problems; this section has not previously been translated into English.
In this new translation, the original text and the mathematical analysis have been completely revised, new material has been added, and the material appearing in the 1980 Russian translation has been completely rewritten.
In addition there are three essays by students of Galin, bringing the analysis up to date.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-9043-1
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-9042-4
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-9043-1
- Series Print ISSN 0925-0042
- Buy this book on publisher's site