About this book
This book contains fuller versions of the papers and posters presented in the Knowledge and Technology Transfer and Teaching Plant Pathology sessions at the 9th International Congress of Plant Pathology held in Turin, Italy in 2008.
Extension/advisory plant pathology and teaching are about relationships: the relationship between the advisor and grower and the teacher and student. It is about the building up of trust in the advice given and the enthusiasm of, and methods used by, the teacher. Extension plant pathology had been described as ‘plant pathology with a human face’. It is aspects of these personal relationships that are explored in this book. Also covered are the value of participation in decision making, plant clinics and teaching approaches, both in industry and at universities.
The book is aimed at those who have an interest in providing advice to farmers and growers and in teaching the subject to those who are to provide that advice.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8934-3
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-8933-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-8934-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site