About this book
Bioinformatics, computational biology, is a relatively new field that applies computer science and information technology to biology. In recent years, the discipline of bioinformatics has allowed biologists to make full use of the advances in Computer sciences and Computational statistics for advancing the biological data. Researchers in life sciences generate, collect and need to analyze an increasing number of different types of scientific data, DNA, RNA and protein sequences, in-situ and microarray gene expression including 3D protein structures and biological pathways. This book is aiming to provide information on bioinformatics at various levels. The chapters included in this book cover introductory to advanced aspects, including applications of various documented research work and specific case studies related to bioinformatics.
This book will be of immense value to readers of different backgrounds such as engineers, scientists, consultants and policy makers for industry, government, academics and social and private organisations.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8880-3
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences Biomedical and Life Sciences (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-8879-7
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-8880-3
- Buy this book on publisher's site