About this book
This book describes two main classes of non-equilibrium phase-transitions: (a) static and dynamics of transitions into an absorbing state, and (b) dynamical scaling in far-from-equilibrium relaxation behaviour and ageing.
The first volume begins with an introductory chapter which recalls the main concepts of phase-transitions, set for the convenience of the reader in an equilibrium context. The extension to non-equilibrium systems is made by using directed percolation as the main paradigm of absorbing phase transitions and in view of the richness of the known results an entire chapter is devoted to it, including a discussion of recent experimental results. Scaling theories and a large set of both numerical and analytical methods for the study of non-equilibrium phase transitions are thoroughly discussed.
The techniques used for directed percolation are then extended to other universality classes and many important results on model parameters are provided for easy reference.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8765-3
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Physics and Astronomy
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-8764-6
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-8765-3
- Series Print ISSN 1864-5879
- Buy this book on publisher's site
- Industry Sectors
- IT & Software