Table of contents
About these proceedings
Green Chemistry is an inventive science based on fundamental research towards the development of new sustainable chemical processes. There is a great need to create a new type of chemistry focused on a new production system, in order to prepare the younger generation to get a greener future.
The globalization pushes the chemistry community to adopt ethical issues. In this prospect Green Chemistry can achieve the approval of the society by teaching students to be confident in science and at the same time by convincing people that it is possible to attain technological development with respect and care for the environment we live in. This is why it is of foremost importance that education and fundamental research remain strictly connected, so that democracy and development can grow and progress side by side.
This book has been prepared to extend the knowledge of Green Chemistry not disregarding, however, the industrial interest. It is the result of the effort to put together and share the expertise of leading practitioners in the field of Green Chemistry.
The Interuniversity Consortium ‘Chemistry for the Environment’ is a non-profit organisation established in 1993 in Italy. At present it includes 31 member universities and 80 research units.
Editors and affiliations
- Book Title Green Chemical Reactions
- Series Title NATO Science for Peace and Security Series
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-8457-7
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Chemistry and Materials Science Chemistry and Material Science (R0)
- Hardcover ISBN 978-1-4020-8456-0
- Softcover ISBN 978-1-4020-8458-4
- eBook ISBN 978-1-4020-8457-7
- Series ISSN 1874-6519
- Edition Number 1
- Number of Pages XVI, 232
- Number of Illustrations 0 b/w illustrations, 0 illustrations in colour
Industrial Chemistry/Chemical Engineering
- Buy this book on publisher's site