Table of contents
About this book
Parsing the Turing Test is a landmark exploration of both the philosophical and methodological issues surrounding the search for true artificial intelligence. Will computers and robots ever think and communicate the way humans do? When a computer crosses the threshold into self-consciousness, will it immediately jump into the Internet and create a World Mind? Will intelligent computers someday recognize the rather doubtful intelligence of human beings? Distinguished psychologists, computer scientists, philosophers, and programmers from around the world debate these weighty issues – and, in effect, the future of the human race – in this important volume.
Foreword by Daniel C. Dennett.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6710-5
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2009
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Computer Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-9624-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-6710-5
- Buy this book on publisher's site