Table of contents
About this book
Jose and Gordon’s Toward Agroforestry Design is an important reference for anyone interested in exploring or managing the physiological and ecological processes which underlie resource allocation and plant growth in agroforestry systems.
Drawing together a wide range of examples from around the world, the book highlights how recent developments in agroforestry research can contribute to understanding agroforestry system function, and discusses the potential application of agroforestry in addressing a range of land use challenges in both tropical and temperate regions of the world.
Including both original research and synthetic analyses, the book presents examples from a wide range of environments. It focuses largely on resource allocation – both above- and below-ground – including an assessment of the recent advances in analytical and modeling tools available to this work. Concluding with a synthesis of the key questions and research gaps highlighted throughout the text, the book will be particularly useful to students and researchers involved in natural resource management, agroforestry, and applied ecology.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6572-9
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Biomedical and Life Sciences
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-6571-2
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-6572-9
- Series Print ISSN 1875-1199
- Buy this book on publisher's site