Table of contents
About this book
The book is intended to be a landmark publication to showcase Singapore academics’ and practising planners’ work and thinking in the globalisation age. The book takes a reflective approach in reviewing the direction, impact and significance of sustainable development in Singapore planning and the future challenges facing the city-state looked upon by many developing countries as a ‘model’.
The book analyses and provides an insight to Singapore’s planning system and practices associated with sustainable development. It contributes and produces an impact on urban planning literature in a renewed perspective about Singapore that reflects the reality and need to address sustainability in the triangular relationship of economic, environmental and social developments.
University libraries, students and government agencies with an interest in understanding the rationale of policy formation, planning system and its implementation in Singapore.
Editors and affiliations
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6542-2
- Copyright Information Springer Netherlands 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-6541-5
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-6542-2
- Buy this book on publisher's site