About this book
The Hilbert-Huang Transform ((HHT) is a recently developed technique which is used to analyze nonstationary data. Hydrologic and environmental series are, in the main, analyzed by using techniques which were developed for stationary data. This has led to problems of interpretation of the results. Environmental and hydrologic series are quite often nonstationary. The basic objective of the material discussed in this book is to analyze these data by using methods based on the Hilbert-Huang transform. These results are compared to the results from the traditional methods such as those based on Fourier transform and other classical statistical tests.
This book will be of value to researchers interested in climate change and advanced graduate students in civil engineering, atmospheric sciences and statistics.
- DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-6454-8
- Copyright Information Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2008
- Publisher Name Springer, Dordrecht
- eBook Packages Earth and Environmental Science Earth and Environmental Science (R0)
- Print ISBN 978-1-4020-6453-1
- Online ISBN 978-1-4020-6454-8
- Series Print ISSN 0921-092X
- Buy this book on publisher's site